- UConn Health retained Zuvic Carr in February 2016 to provide consulting engineering design and construction phase services related to the evaluation and replacement of parking lots servicing the main building (~500 spaces).
- The initial task was to complete a geotechnical investigation to determine the composition of the pavement and design options for the reconstruction of each lot. Zuvic Carr also incorporated drainage and utility improvements.
- Part of this assignment was to schedule the construction of various parking lots to maximize the number of available parking spaces during construction, while maintaining smooth and safe traffic circulation.
- UConn Health divided this project into two phases with separate construction documents. Zuvic Carr assisted with bidding and construction administration for parking lots D&K, completed in December 2016.
- Construction Administration services included: attending field meetings, consultation during construction, evaluating contractor submittals and responding to requests for information.
- Due to successfully completing the first two lots, UConn requested our services for Phase 2, encompassing parking and utilities reconstruction for 3 additional lots. (Lots A, B & C ~350 spaces).
- This work included designing local access improvements and required scope/schedule and access coordination with a general contractor working at the site.