- Zuvic Carr was retained by Automated Waste Disposal and the federal government to assist with closure of a complicated and highly contaminated Brownfield site that was formerly used as a metal scrap yard and a transformer recycling center
- Prior to conducting the investigations, Zuvic Carr prepared a site-specific health and safety plan and a job hazard analysis to address health and safety concerns related to the planned investigation work.
- The Phase II ESA was conducted to assess whether releases had occurred at environmental areas of concern and the Phase III ESA was performed to evaluate the nature, degree, and extent of the on-site releases. The Phase III ESA also included PCB soil characterization in accordance with TSCA (40 CFR 761).
- Zuvic Carr prepared preliminary remedial design options and cost estimates. The goal for the site is remediation using CTDEEP’s Targeted Brownfield Remedy, likely including an engineered control cap to render soil environmentally isolated and inaccessible.
- Successfully completed site investigations without disrupting the very busy municipal waste facility operations.currently is operating as a municipal waste handling facility.