- Southern Connecticut State University was looking to resurface their parking lots and install a new LED lighting system around the lot as part of the campus’ green initiative.
- ZUVIC was selected to provide survey, geotechnical services, and site design services for the rehabilitation of Wintergreen Parking Lot (56,100 sf) and Parking Lot 5 (63,450 sf).
- Pedestrian Access to buildings in the project area had to be maintained during all stages of construction.
- Assisted with bidding services and provided Construction Administration services that included:
Attending field meetings
• Consultation during construction
• Evaluating contractor submittals
• Responding to requests for information.
- Design included:
Full-depth reconstruction of the pavement
• Demolition of concrete curbing and walks
• Installation of granite curbing
• Replacement of concrete walks, ramps, and storm drainage structures
• Upgrading lighting to LED.
- Design and bid documents were prepared in just seven weeks, so construction could be completed during the summer months.