- The property was part of a portfolio of sites to be purchased, however, due to its environmental impairment, the property was not included in the sale and became unoccupied.
- The property was developed on an area backfilled with solid waste, coal and coal ash. It was also impacted by petroleum releases at neighboring properties.
- Zuvic Carr completed a review of existing data and developed a plan to fill the remaining site investigation data gaps.
- Performed Phase II and III Environmental Site Assessments to evaluate the remaining areas of concern and fill the identified data gaps.
- Prepared a Remedial Action Plan and entered the site into Connecticut’s Voluntary Remediation Program.
- Prepared a remedial design, plans and specifications and solicited remedial contractors to perform the proposed remediation.
- Coordinated and completed construction inspection of the proposed remediation, which included rendering contaminated site soils inaccessible. An underground storage tank discovered during the remedial program was also removed.
- Post remediation groundwater monitoring is currently underway along with preparation of an Environmental Land Use Restriction to prevent disturbance of the now inaccessible contaminated soils.
- Successfully completed environmental assessment and remediation of site and the property owner is preparing to sell the property.