- The Pathways Academy for the Advancement of Design and Technology magnet school was built by Connecticut Regional Education Council on property that was formerly part of the Pratt and Whitney Willgoos facility. The site was subject to the Connecticut Transfer Act.
- Zuvic Carr provided professional environmental consulting and Licensed Environmental Professional services in connection with property transfer and construction of the school.
- Zuvic Carr completed Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments, and a Sensitive Receptor Survey, working in accordance with its Health and Safety Plan and Job Hazard Analysis.
- A Remedial Action Plan was prepared that called for excavation and removal of underground jet fuel piping, petroleum and pesticide contaminated soil and follow-up confirmation soil sampling to verify removal.
- Zuvic Carr prepared plans and specifications for remediation and soil and groundwater management, performed construction inspection during remedial activities and managed soil and groundwater wastes during site redevelopment.
- Post-remedial groundwater compliance monitoring was completed and verification reporting was filed with the CT DEEP.
- A Federal Aviation Administration permit was also prepared.
- Zuvic Carr also provided post remediation groundwater monitoring in accordance with the Connecticut Remediation Standard Regulations and prepared a final LEP verification for submission to CTDEEP.
- Successfully restored the site so that soil and groundwater meet residential standards and site could be occupied by a school.