- The purpose of this $350M project is to design new influent, primary, and wet weather treatment facilities at the Hartford Water Pollution Control Facility. This is part of the MDC’s Clean Water Project with the ultimate goal of eliminating any direct effluent discharge to the Connecticut River specifically during wet weather events. Zuvic Carr was chosen by Arcadis to assist them with this important project.
- Prepared site/civil, environmental and demolition design documents and conducted pre-demolition and soil/groundwater and hazardous materials investigations throughout the site and in 16 buildings .
- Our design services included:
Demolition of two buildings and a portion of buried influent conduit
Demolition, cutting, capping or abandonment of underground site utilities and sanitary pump station
Installation of temporary electrical infrastructure and permanent electrical duct banks and manholes
Hazardous building materials evaluation and sampling
Oversight of soil excavation and material handling, transportation, and management of waste disposal
Grading, paving, and road work
Installation of underground concrete vault for two 72” diameter primary effluent flow meters and monitoring system
Contractor submittal review of concrete vault, precast roof slabs, flow meters, and demolition, health and safety, hazardous materials and soil and groundwater handling plans
- Provided Construction Administration and Resident Engineer construction inspection services.
- When will the new construction come on line?