- The Rocky Hill Water Pollution Control Facility is one of three satellite treatment plants owned and operated by the Metropolitan District with a design flow presently permitted for 7.5 million gallons per day (MGD). The plant was upgraded to receive up to 27 MGD flow in order to limit discharges from CSOs into local waterways. ZUVIC was selected to provide survey, civil design and environmental services to the design team of Hazen and Sawyer and CH2M.
- The civil design included site layout, grading, utility design, erosion and sediment control, storm sewer design, local and state permitting and preparation of specifications and bidding assistance.
- The surveying included preparation of a complete base survey for the treatment plant site.
- Environmental services included asbestos and lead-based paint surveys of buildings and components to be demolished, assistance with preparation of specifications, review of contractor submittals and waste characterization sampling.
- Portions of the plant have been reconstructed and upgraded so that discharges of untreated sewage and stormwater to local waterbodies are limited.