- The purpose of this $48M project was to provide odor control, nitrogen reduction and electrical improvements at the East Shore facility.
- Designed and prepared plans and specifications for pavement, grading, utility improvements/relocations, drainage and electric duct banks associated with three buildings.
- Aided in local and state permitting.
- Researched and provided recommendations regarding design flood elevations and flood proofing measures.
- Environmental services included asbestos and lead-based paint surveys of buildings and components to be demolished, preparation of specifications, review of contractor submittals and waste characterization sampling.
- Prepared Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure and Oil Contingency Plans for the facility.
- The plant was successfully upgraded to provide a higher level of wastewater treatment and to better protect the plant during flood events.