- ZUVIC was selected by the project architect to provide civil engineering and permitting services for a new magnet high school on a 10.5 acre parcel in East Hartford.
- The parcel was formerly a petroleum distribution terminal with documented releases that needed to be addressed as part of site development.
- The site was subject to the Connecticut Property Transfer Act.
- Prepared base mapping, site layout, grading, traffic circulation, utility and drainage design and designed the reconstruction of the adjacent roadway to raise it above the 500-year flood level.
- Prepared local inland wetlands and site plan applications, a master plan application, CTDEEP Stream Channel Encroachment Line permit, Flood Management Certification and a Federal Aviation Administration permit.
- Coordinated activities with Richter & Cegan (the Landscape Architect), the Soil Scientist, Traffic Engineer, MEP Engineers, and other design team members. Worked closely with the Construction Manager and Project Architect to ensure that site related issues were addressed in a timely manner.
- Addressed Requests for Information (RFI), reviewed shop drawings and reviewed field changes pertaining to site work.
- Zuvic Carr provided professional environmental consulting and Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) services in connection with the construction of the Magnet High School, and completed hazardous building material assessments, Phase I, II, and III site assessments, and identified areas of soil requiring remediation.
- LEP services have included the design and oversight of the installation of an impermeable below-grade “engineered control” cap to prevent infiltration of surface water and exposure to contaminated soil scheduled to remain in place.
- Construction specifications and plans were prepared and Zuvic Carr was responsible for construction administration and inspection. Zuvic Carr prepared an Interim LEP verification and, since construction, has continued to provide post remediation and cap monitoring in accordance with regulatory approvals and the Connecticut Remediation Standard Regulations.
- Successfully implemented remediation of site and ZUVIC’s civil services were a vital component of the planning and construction of the Magnet High School.
- Ensured there were no construction delays associated with any site-related issues.