- The Connecticut Airport Authority had two underground fuel storage tanks (USTs) that were at the end of their life cycle and needed to be replaced.
- Fueling for airport maintenance vehicles had to remain operational until the new aboveground tank was completed, testing and fully functional.
- Zuvic Carr evaluated airport fuel needs and recommended replacement tank sizes, prepared alternatives for layout, concept plans and cost estimates.
- Zuvic Carr provided design, bid-phase and construction services for installation of a dual-compartment aboveground fuel storage tank (AST) for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline. New dispensers, a new monitoring system and a new fuel management control system were also designed/installed.
- Zuvic Carr provided construction oversight during the removal of two USTs and a dispenser island, sampled soil for tank closure, and prepared a closure report and paperwork for submission to CT DEEP.
- Maintained security and access to the site adjacent to Brainard Airport during construction.
- Tasks included survey, site plan, grading and drainage plan, construction sequencing, electrical plan, and a Construction Safety and Phasing Plan (CSPP).
- Zuvic Carr provided design plans and bid documents on a fast-track schedule to allow the project to go to bid on-time and on-budget.